Urban Devolved Services
- On 1st April 2016 Hughenden Parish Council and Buckinghamshire County Council entered into an ‘Urban Devolved Services Agreement’. The parish council receives funding of just over £11,000 per annum (2016 – 2022) to carry out this service.
- The parish council contribute to this funding from the Parish Precept to increase the annual devolved services budget to £18,000. This sum covers:
- grass verge cutting (usually 6 cuts per year/weather dependant) within 30 mph areas and
some 40 mph areas (e.g.’ wide grass verge at Warrendene Road)
- siding out of footpaths
- weed control and spraying
- cutting back of Council managed hedges overhanging footpaths and serving formal notice
letters to private landowners
- cutting back vegetation around street signs and furniture
- washing street signs and furniture
- maintenance of street signs and furniture (e.g. village entry gates)
- granting permission for charity event signage
- removal of unauthorised charity event signage and fly posters
- clearance of Rights of Way surfaces
- Please note that the section of Valley Road from the bottom of Cryers Hill to High Wycombe (40 & 50 mph zone) remains the responsibility of Buckinghamshire County Council as does the section of Coombe Lane (40 mph zone) between Hughenden Valley and Naphill.